Vintage Hardwood Flooring is one of our newest eco-friendly suppliers. Located in Toronto, Vintage manufactures beautiful hardwood and engineered hardwood floors using domestic and exotic wood species.
Before we make the decision to bring products to The Eco Floor Store family, we take the time to ask tough questions to make sure the products are environmentally friendly. Here’s a few reasons why Vintage fit the bill:
– Their stains are waterborne and contain no formaldehyde
– Their sealers and topcoats are 99% VOC free and contain no active volatile solvents
– Their pigments and dyes contain no heavy metals
– 70% of domestic woods used come within a 200 mile radius of their manufacturing facility and 90% come from a 500 mile radius
– They are an FSC Certified manufacturer and use FSC Certified wood for many of their products
– They have a great recycling program that recycles by-products and water
– Many of their products qualify for LEED credits
We’re excited to have Vintage be one of our green surface solution. The beautiful Solid Sawn Collection is extra special because 50% of the wood used is recovered from wasted wood that would usually go to a landfill. Select from Muiracatiara Tigerwood, Jatoba, White Oak and Black Walnut in a variety of colours.
Vintage Hardwood Flooring is also one of Mike Holmes’ suppliers on HGTV’s Make it Right show. Click here to watch the episodes that feature Vintage.
+ Learn more about Vintage Hardwood Flooring